Did you miss our Annual Meeting? Report and video available here

“With better health, children are in school more days and are better able to learn.
With better health, adults are more productive and at work more days.
With better health, seniors keep their independence.” –CDC

When you think of being healthy, do you think about what you put in your grocery cart? Do you think about taking the stairs instead of the elevator? Do you think about the importance of sitting down for dinner with your family and talking about your day instead of turning on the TV? We do. Health and wellness go hand in hand for stopping illness or disease before it happens. We have an incredible staff of more than 150 people dedicated to teaching our community how to take control of their own health through our Community Health Center, Home Health, Hospice and Palliative Care and Public Health and Aging programs.

In a recent survey over 97% of Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association’s clients said they would refer others to our services. And the other 3% said they were likely do the same. We’re proud of this number. It is a reflection of our commitment to providing excellent, consistent, reliable services for over 46 years in the valley.

As we look back on 2010 for our Annual Meeting, it is clear that we accomplished more with less. We brought over $3.5 million in state and federal funds into our community. We maintained our core programs while many sources of funding declined. While continuing our programs that prevent, manage or care for chronic diseases, we also look to the future which is becoming more focused on the prevention piece of wellness. Our work continues to expand into the community; where most of health occurs.

Our Annual Meeting was held on Wednesday, August 31. If you were unable to attend, CLICK HERE to see our Annual Report or CLICK HERE to watch the 2010 summary video.

Lisa Brown
Chief Executive Officer
Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association

Comments are closed.